Monday, March 26, 2007

Thundercats

I woke up convinced the sky had ripped in half. The entire house shook with the crack of thunder that came and sat on our house. Yes, I know thunder can't sit... but it hovered, for several seconds. In any case, I jumped pretty high- let out a yelp ( my rib has not fully recovered) and then got very excited about the prospects of a thunderstorm. What is it about a black sky, rushing clouds, cool wind, and sporadic rainfall that gets me pumped?? Storms display awesome, power-- uncontrollabe power, and that excites me. The power, wrath, love, creativity of God is on display, and we get to experience it everytime He feels like putting on the show...
In any case, I really couldn't stay focused in biology. I get really restless around this time- papers lose their importance, quizzes become insignificant, assigned readings? what are those?
So I went for a walk in the rain with James, played a bit of frisbee with Katrina, tried my hand at tennis, and basically waited until the last possible minute to finish up my paper. In hind sight, that was stupid. But, my justification for that is this: I really won't care about that paper in a few years ( maybe days) from now, but the great times had in weather like this.. well that's going to stick with me for while. There are only a few more weeks of school left- might as well make the most of it.

4 comments:

Robyn deGroot said...

yay thunderstorms!!!!

Vanessa Brouwer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vanessa Brouwer said...

Vanessa Brouwer said...
I love it Ree, I feel the same way, why would I write papers when I could just hang out with friends and go outside... but yet I still am constantly writing..I can't wait for the summer, it will be so nice!

Vanessa Brouwer said...

Oh.. and where does the name "Thundercats" come from?