Monday, March 12, 2007

Dance

Time is fricken flying. Time is fricken. Time is. Time. In a few weeks time I'll be 21. A few weeks ago, my friends were all in Florida. We anticipated the banquet for a long time, and now it's come and gone. Let's talk about that.
The banquet was excellent. As much as I dread the "dolling up" process- the evening itself was soooo great! The food was yummy, our table was hilarious, there was good music, and the dance was by far the highlight of the night. I think I forgot how much I love dancing. What a beautiful combination. After that- music alone seems naked. And since it's hard to dance without music.... the equation must look something like this : Music + Dance= heluva good time.
But again, there is a time and a place for everything, which brings us back to that wonderful word, TIME. So i suppose music on its own is good too, and I do dance to the music in my head quite often- which is technically dancing to no music.. so i'm going to say that they have a relationship similar to ( this is going to sound really nerdy, no offence to James, who does this often) fungi and algae. I mean, they can live on their own, and they do it quite well, but when you get these two together- wow. Harmony. Mutualism. Trine- I hope you nailed that one on the bio midterm this morning.
So, biology. That was my final midterm. Now all i have is 3 papers and exams to anticipate. That last sentence kind of reminds me of what Mrs. Chiang said the other day. We are always waiting for something else. Can we ever just enjoy the moment? The present? Doug- your blog says it best, (and i don't consider this blog theft, if I give you credit off the bat)
LIFE IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU ARE PLANNING OTHER THINGS
Time fricken flies. Enjoy it. And make sure you dance every once in a while- simply fantastic.

5 comments:

Mr. H said...

Wow. The amount of science, equations and references to time...I must be rubbing off on you. Props to the lichen though. Good call.

Rebecca said...

I'm sure you are-- but i think i'm going to give the credit to the amount of bio i've been cramming into my head over the past few days

but equations and time- ya. That's all you

D. J. Sikkema said...

nice ree, I guess I'll postpone my blog on "blog theft" now. Hope all is well with school and life in general. DJS

Katrina VandenBerg said...

oh i nailed it baby, just like i nailed the music and dance on friday night. ;)

Robyn deGroot said...

this redeemer bubble distorts time somehow. It's so weird. The week takes long, but then you look back and don't know where all those weeks went since christmas, or even the beginning of the year. Yikes