Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Accidents Happen

Yesterday was my first time playing squash. James plays a lot with his brother, and I guess he thought it would be fun to show me how the game works. We were doing allright... for about 10 minutes, until I wound up and hit the thing right into his eyeball.

James hit the floor- his eye turned a few colours- mostly red with hints of bluish bruising, and we safely concluded we should leave the squash courts: possibly for good.

Fortunately ice works magic- and his eye looks fairly normal today, but I just want to say this: Racket sports are dangerous- squash especially. Be safe. Wear goggles.

2 comments:

Mr. H said...

I was selling being hurt the entire time...sucker. It was a nice shot though.

Rebecca said...

You are lying- but I'll agree about the shot. I definitely connected :)