Saturday, February 2, 2008

Warwick Castle

We couldn't have asked for a better day to spend at Warwick Castle. There's something quite beautiful about the sun beating down on stones that have been stacked on top of eachother for hundreds and hundreds of years. The history of this place had me amazed. The original portraits, fancy dining halls, weaponry room, dungeons, ghost towers, knights in shining armour- (oh wait, James wasn't there :) But really, this castle had me quite fascinated.
Laura- as light as a feather

Trying out the stocks. I can imagine that would have really sucked.



I seriously think these hats should find there way back into women's fashion.



Heather. A very fun girl, and clearly quite excited with the scenery.




Mark. Staying warm.





Part of my fascination with these castles is getting my head around the fact that they had to walk up and down a pile of stairs just to get around the place. Being a tad claustrophobic-- I would definately opt for a room at ground level. But if you want a view, nothing quite compares to what you'll see from the top of a castle.










Tim and I skipping down "the Mound" - (see the picture below)











Sir Oliver Cromwell's helmet!!




They did an incredible job with the set- playing medieval music, and re-enacting the castle life through various life-size characters throughout the castle. Heather and I had a great time cruising through this part :)




No comments: