Thursday, February 21, 2008

Break

I am writing this from our youth hostel in London, and I have 7 minutes left of prepaid internet. So forgive me if this is brief. Today we toured the house of commons, and the house of lords, then had lunch with a few of the MP's.. (Doug, Dave, Dad and grandpa- I thought of you) It was interesting when the question was posed - how we canadians view Americans. Their was a lot of anti-American sentiment, which I tried to even out with a comment on how we should appreciate them a bit more, considering the size of our military forces. I mean- I think the US has some vested interest in protecting us. I was practically laughed out of the room.
From there I went on to explore the national art gallery, Buckingham Palace, and a mexican restaurant. All of which proved a good time.
Tomorrow we tour a bit more, then at 11:40 pm, Laura and I catch a bus for two pounds to Louton airport, sleep at this airport, hop on a plane at 6:30 am, and make our way to Rome!
If you don't hear from me in the next 10 days, that's where I'll be.
Cheers!

No comments: