Tuesday, May 31, 2011

A few blogs back, I mentioned that James had an interview, and we were excited to see what doors God would have us walk through in the near future. Well, that's not one of them--- but while this fall does not see James working at the Redeemer lab, it might see us dipping our fingers in missions overseas. I say "dipping" because it would be short term (to start), and I say "overseas" because it's vague enough to get the point across, without having to know where "overseas" actually is.
But it's exciting! Especially for me, because when Jesse entered our lives, I sort of reformed my ideas of what our future would look like, and missions sort of picked up and parked in the nosebleeds-- almost out of sight, but not quite.
And now it's back on the table.
So, we are praying, and searching, and discussing different options. And while we do that, if anyone out there knows of any missionaries/teachers/principals that we could possibly contact, we'd love to hear about them!

Other updates: It's very warm now. Warm enough that open windows no longer cut it, and the AC is effectively turned on full blast to keep this place livable.
Our flower gardens are thriving, and so are our veggies.
We had some of my old friends over for dinner, and James made a couple new friends :)
Yesterday evening was an evening for a walk to DQ with the boys from Bold.
Jesse fussed his face off for an overwhelmingly long stretch of time, but Matty B got him to sleep.
I am now on my way to meet Katrina at the Bread Bar for some hang out time, and I'm really looking forward to it.

6 comments:

Lizzie said...

Hi Ree,

So happy for you and James and your new little boy.

Much love to you!

Lizzie OB

Rebecca said...

Thanks Lizzie!! What country are you in?? :)

Lizzie said...

I'm in Ottawa! I finished my MA in Enlgish, and am getting married in the summer. I did my program with Marijka Westerhof--do you know her from Redeemer?

Rebecca said...

Really? Marijka and I both taught English at Columbia International College! Small world..

dan brouwer said...

Are there any certain countries of interest of where you guys might want to go? Sorry to hear James didn't get the job, but always means there are other opportunities!

Rebecca said...

Exactly what I thought :) South or Central America-- possibly Ecuador, or Guatemala. Got any connections?