Sunday, November 21, 2010

Christmas Ramblings

The Christmas decorations are UP! Stockings, lights, candles, garland, eggnog, and Christmas music= one lovable apartment.
Things still to be desired--a live Christmas tree, presents under said tree, pointsettias, and Christmas baked goods. And Christmas day. But for that, I will be patient. The rest we'll get next week or something.

Anyways, I'm just glad I was up for the home makeover after a morning of stomach flu, sporadic vomiting, and 5 wasted hours of daylight due to napping. I don't nap. But I'm over the flu :)

Other exciting things that have happened this week. Savannah Joy Dykstra. My beautiful, healthy, chubby new niece. I love her. So do her brothers. Speaking of the nephews, James and I thought we'd take them off my sister's hands for the day so that she could just relax and we could just have fun with the boys. We took them to grandmas and made crafts, Christmas chocolate molds, and spent a good chunk of the afternoon outside running around. A lot of fun, but I am definitely glad that the way you start a family is with ONE, immobile, possibly quieter infant. Baby steps.
I'm onside with that.

Alright. The flu put me off my game, and I have a pile of essays just itching to be marked. Here I go.

No comments: