Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Cold, wet, drizzly days= Ew.
Yummy treats, hot drinks, nice conversation, pad thai dinners, casual mall shopping, and basically being completely spoiled rotten = mom.

I love when mom visits. Especially on cold wet drizzly days. With James gone it seems like my social life is on the rise, and I didn't think we were lacking one before. So this is interesting. It's nice to know that people are looking out for me though; and not just people, but the people I love and care about the most.

On Sunday Trine came over to hang out, eat soup and help me get caught up with school stuff.
On Monday Ryan had me over for dinner, and Doug and I met up at Starbucks to get work done ( an idea that never materialized, but it was nice to just hang out anyways :)
And Tuesday--today-- mom came. She's wonderful.
She brought me a rust-coloured fall mum, and promised to baby my tropical plant back to health. I was sort of just starving it to death, having decided a while ago that it wasn't worth my time. (Don't get the wrong idea, I'm sure that callous side of me will rub off by the time April hits :)
Then we had coffee, and just hung out, and I realized we were on that level of "your my mom, but you're my friend" in a way that is not supposed to be sappy or lame, but in a way that makes me happy to be at a stage where we can talk about life and finally understand eachother.
Anyways, that was articulated poorly. All I want to say is that I have an incredible family here, friends included, and a mom who I very much hope to be like in so many ways.


No comments: