Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Small things

Cinammon bread, Macintosh apples and hot apple cider. It's that time of year that I start to give Bennett's the attention it deserves, in appreciation of locally grown produce that still pumps out tasty treats, even in light of hail damage.
I really wanted to sit down and say something brilliant for once. Just give people a small taste of how educated I am. Cocky, I know, but the proud corners of my heart (or brain?) want to think that I have got something to say. Really.
But all that comes to mind are the mundane things around me that don't really matter, at least to other people.
Like my macintosh apple
Or a twenty three minute nap
Or a great sound track playing while I work
Or talking with Robyn about nothing at all around a kitchen table scattered with books and papers and coffee mugs while Ally is in the kitchen cooking up chicken pot pie for dinner.
Little details are too easy to write about, and they are too distracting. I get no work done in this place.

No comments: