Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Today
6: 36 am- woke up, woke up the boys, ate honey bunches with oats. mmmm.
6: 53 am- in the car, realize we have very little gas
6: 59 am- ran out of gas
7:01 am- ran in the rain to work
7: 09 am - got to work
7:15 am- the day begins
12:00- had "festivus" at grandmas- which has been renamed "grunch". Basically
the words grandma and lunch have been combined to create grunch- which is a delightful midweek treat thrown together by my grandma to revive our souls and fill our bellies with what she calls "a light snack" which in reality is a 3 course meal complete with cake and coffee. Glorious.
5:00 pm- much work still to be done.
7:00pm- much more work to be done
8:06 pm- the last of 800 Cedar trees are loaded onto trucks
8: 10 pm- time to head home
8: 25 pm- dinner has been lovingly prepared by my sick mother- steak, potatos, salad and fresh green beans- accompanied by a glass of white whine
8: 27 pm- I realize how incredible my mom really is.
8: 30 pm. The family sits. We eat. We talk. We bond. Michael Buble is playing in the background
9: 15 pm. We get off the table, I hit the shower.
9: 30 pm My mom has coffee and chocolates waiting in the living room.
9: 31 pm- We sit. We drink. We bond some more. I realize my mom missed us today.
10: ish.. I get on the internet, read some great blogs/ emails. I realize how much I miss my Redeemer friends- and I make/am making an attempt to keep you posted.
10:49 pm I end my blog, I say farewell. Tomorrow will be another day much like today, minus running out of gas, festivus, and working 'til 8.
10:53 pm- a more accurate time. I'm done here.

2 comments:

Mr. H said...

Oh Rebecca.

Katrina VandenBerg said...

what a day... i got tierd just reading it.

ps. i think your mom is wonderful!