Friday, January 23, 2015


Mattea, you are already three months old, and you are getting ridiculously cute. Thick dark hair that keeps growing, big, round blue eyes, two chins, huge cheeks, roley thighs- you are just plain healthy looking and I like that. You bring me so much joy throughout the day, because you are simply so joyful. You rarely fuss, and if you do, it's because you just want to have a good look at me. I swear I spent the other day shuffling your bouncy chair wherever I had work to do, just so you could keep me in your field of vision. Your eyes are big, and curious, and if I may say so as your biased mom, intelligent. You have a lot of your daddy in you- I see that already. You made your own sleeping schedule, and stick to it religiously. You are asleep by 7 pm, and up by 7 am, and you get incredibly social-ed out in large crowds. You are serious and selectively smiley, and you love your big brother. It helps that he is always willing to put your soother in, sing to you, get you your diapers, and make you smile. Watching that Franklin episode on the role of 'big brother' might have been my best parenting move to date. Jesse takes the job seriously.
I am discovering the incredible gift I have been given in you, and Jesse and Anneliese. My heart keeps expanding, keeps delighting in things that from the outside are terribly mundane.
I love that God's plan for me is better than anything I could plan for myself. And it's landed me with three kids I can't imagine life without.





No comments: