Sunday, October 19, 2014

             The baby boom of the year, (beginning with Matt and Morgan's little girl, followed by Aaron and Michelle's little boy, and most recently, Mike and Rachel's baby girl) is nearing completion. There are only two booms left, and one of them is mine. Due in two days, I'm still feeling about a week or two away from the boom reality, which will probably have Doug and Vanessa squeaking their baby in ahead of mine. Fine by me. I am still recovering from the untimely visit of the thanksgiving flu, that knocked us all on our asses for a full 5 days. Horrible.
             I don't need to go into detail, for everyone's sake, but there was a lot of laundry, a lot of drugs, and a lot of NOT sleeping. SO, you can understand why the thought of introducing the newest Harskamp into the last week's madness was not a welcome one, and I think the mind has a lot of power over the body when it comes to that stuff. Every time I thought I might be in labour (and let me tell you, a toddler with the flu is exactly what would induce early labour) I told my body to knock it off, and carried on with the carryings on-- one hour at a time, for 5 very long, tiring, yucky days.  And now, here I am, emerging from the isolating cave of sickness feeling alive and very much pregnant. So, it is time to think about nesting.  I have to say, I don't have a clue what to expect with this little baby. I know I've already had two, but that doesn't really seem to register, when faced with the impending pain of bearing a baby. I wish we at least had a name. James and I can't seem to land on a mutual favourite, and so the baby is currently nameless, and that is not helping me 'nest'. 
            But there is some benefit to my procrastination in nesting. The longer I put it off, the sooner James starts to do it for me :) Like today, he took it upon himself to actually see if we can fit three little people in the back seat of our car. Initially, things did not look, and I got my first taste of that sentiment.." you should have thought of this sooner..." (But after a lot of coaxing and door slamming, the seats were made to fit, seating problem solved). 
            Dear baby #3. Don't think that because you are currently nameless and we have procrastinated planning your arrival that you are not already filling up our hearts to full capacity. Just know that I have my hands and mind full with Jesse and Anneliese- 3 and 1 1/2, and the place you are filling right now is not just my uterus. I love you already, my heart is full, and the pain of bringing you into the world is already worth it. And although you will most likely only wear hand me down's from either of your siblings,  (sorry, tight budget) and you may be a little squeezed in the car, and not ever experience a house of peace and quiet, you are going to have two older siblings to look out for you, and two loving parents to raise you, and I'm not sure what more planning is really necessary. So, we will leave the when and how to God, because He crafted you, He knows you, and He has planned for you. Looking forward to seeing you soon.

No comments: