Monday, September 10, 2007

There are a lot of things I could say about this past week. There are a lot of things I won't. It's hard to sum up a week of change. I can't figure out if it was less work, or more work. Nine hours of mindless physical labour, or odd hours of mental strain and silly mind games. I was hoping for a smooth, relatively painless transition from summer to school, work to books, family to friends. I am not sure what happened, but it wasn't smooth. It's like I got on the ugly, delapitated wooden rollercoaster in the far corner of the theme park that nobody wants to go on because it sucks. Your body gets battered with each turn, your neck kinks, teeth clack, stomach churns- when all I really wanted was to get on the fricken Superman. Now that's a good time. That's a smooth and thrilling ride. But, such is life. Anticipation doesn't always deliver. The week was tough, but speckled with joy nonetheless. My friends are quality. Our house is joyful, full of natural sunlight, and delightful girls. The other night Trine and I slept on the lawn just for the heck of it. Even though she wimped out and went in at 4, and I woke up at 7 unable to move my neck, these are the kinds of things you just don't do on your own. Lizzy and I spent Saturday night letting loose at the decade dance, which was followed by a few hours at Tim Hortan's discussing some of the finer points of life. Saturday I played in two soccer games. A great way to build friendships with team players, flat out run yourself into the ground, and also pull a lot of tender leg muscles. The weekend was a great wake up call to the fact that as much as I like the team, it's the sport that counts, and I don't like it. Haha..and so I must quit, yay for free nights!
Now it's the beginning of a new week, and I'm feeling that things are looking up in the world.
Readjusting isn't really all that bad.

2 comments:

Katrina VandenBerg said...

umm Ree it was 5am and I didn't wimp out, I was damp and chilled.
although sleeping with you made up for it!
im so happy that we are together again. you make my life such a happier and brighter place to live!

Robyn deGroot said...

you don't like soccer?!?! I am confused. I miss those random times with you.